Call for Abstracts
MRM2020 abstract submission is now open for technical symposium. All abstracts must be submitted online.
First, you must create a user account to submit your abstract. Login details from previous MRM2019 are not valid. All presenter must create a new account.
Submission Deadline: August 20, 2020
- All abstracts must be written in English and submitted via the online submission system.
- Abstract text should be directly entered into the system and limited to 4000 characters (approximately 400 words).
- In addition to the text entry, one table, graph, or image can also be uploaded. If you would like to add a figure caption, please make sure it is included in the file itself.
- After successfully submitting your abstract, you will receive a submission confirmation by e-mail.
- Once the abstract is submitted, changes, corrections, or reuploading of the abstract are possible until the SUBMISSION DEADLINE. Any modifications requested after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Each account holder is allowed to submit two abstracts as the presenter.
- Please select the symposium that corresponds to your submission.
MRM POSTER AWARD 2020
The MRM Poster Award 2020 is intended to honor and encourage materials scientists and engineers whose academic achievements and current research in materials display a high level of excellence and distinction. The MRM2020 committee seeks to recognize scientists and engineers of exceptional ability who show promise for significant future achievements in materials research. This award is aimed at poster presentations.
|Gold Award||A certificate of the Award and Medal|
|Silver Award||A certificate of the Award|
*Approximately 5 gold award winners may be chosen in this meeting. In addition to the gold awards, one or two silver award winners may be chosen in each cluster.
Eligibility and procedure
- The award winner must be both first author and speaker of the presentations (oral or poster).
- The nominee must submit the application form to the Secretary Office. The application details and the deadline for the application will be notified after the on-line abstract submission.
- The submitted award applications will be reviewed by referees. They will examine the award applications and select eligible candidates for the gold and silver awards, who will be asked to participate in a competition session for judging their presentations held in the poster session on Dec 8, 18:00 - 19:30 at the venue.
- The gold award winners will be selected based on both the pre-evaluation of the submitted award applications and the evaluation at the competition session on Dec 8.
- The silver award winners will be selected for each cluster according to both the pre-evaluation and the evaluation at the competition session.
- All award winners will be invited to attend the Banquet on Dec 9 evening, and asked to join the award ceremony during the Banquet. After the awards ceremony, a group photo of the prize winners will be taken. The photographs will be uploaded onto the homepage of MRM2020 together with the awarded posters.
*The above rules and procedure might be subject to change by the award committee and the organizing committee.
Online Submission System
To begin the submission process, an account MUST be created. On the new submission page, click “Create an Account.” If you wish to return later to make changes, complete an unfinished abstract submission, or revise a submission, please select “Log In” and enter the login information you created.
Enter the account holder information. Complete all required fields.
Users will be notified of acceptance on June 30 via the submission system. Please remember your account’s password.
Registration and Payment
AUTHORS/PRESENTERS (including keynote and invited speakers) must complete the registration and payment via the online system. The registration system will open in July.
Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published online only for those who have completed their conference registration. The publication date is December 1, 2020.
Submitting Author Responsibilities
The person submitting an abstract will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that if accepted, the presenting author will present the abstract as designated by the MRM2020 Program Committee.
- Providing complete and accurate contact and affiliation information for ALL coauthors.
- Ensuring that ALL coauthors have reviewed and approved the abstract’s content.
The copyright of the submitted and accepted proceeding manuscript adopted at MRM 2020, and other materials contributed to the conference are handled under the copyright policy of the Materials Research Society of Japan (MRS-J).
Personal Data Management
Any information obtained will be used only for the following purposes:
- To contact manuscript contributors, participants, exhibitors, etc. for conference coordination.
- To provide information on MRS-J itself or related activities. Notifications can be canceled by contacting the MRS-J Secretariat office.